Saturday, June 27, 2009

Goin' Up the Country...


I used to know this guy many years ago who was on the USA Biathlon team. You know...cross country ski so hard your heart rate is plastered to the roof of your mouth, then pull a snugly slung rifle off your back, drop your heart rate to nada and shoot at 5 targets, skiing off again and repeating the process for some insane distance. He used to train at Lake Placid.
I'm off To Lake Placid, NY to train for a few days on the Ironman course! Swim the swim, bike the bike and run some... Leave tomorrow and back on Wednesday. Looking forward to getting away and bashing around the High Peaks region for a few days. I find it quite relaxing to get out in the middle of Mirror Lake, stop and look around at the trees and the sky line of the town...
Contrast that with long climbs and white knuckle descents at 60 mph on 1 inch tires.
Running is well, running it's part of me so I enjoy it anywhere in any weather...
Maybe as I ride by the Biathlon range I'll stop and for a fee take a few cracks of the old .22 and see if I have an eye left for it. I used to shoot well.
Training rehash when I get back.
Keep turning those cranks, putting one foot in front of the other and get busy livin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment