Friday, February 13, 2009

The Pool at 5:00am

The Pool at 5:00am
A lane for myself.
Fluid that pushes back,
swimming downhill. Balance in the water. Catch and Release.
Arm down the sleeve. Pull. High Arms. Roll right. Left side breath. Catch, release, roll, breathe, sleeve, pull,roll, breathe...
Silence except for the muffled sound of the water and the bubbles underwater, breathing out. Swimming through a hole in the water heeled over like a sail boat for a split second, without the sails. Pull, pull,pull. No kicking here. No splash. Smooth is fast. Fast is smooth. Meters fly by. 200, 300, 500, 500, 300, 200 done. 
A whistled tune in a hot shower. 
The Pool at 5:00am.

1 comment:

  1. Oh blogs. I like this post. I'm about to start back up my bricks with an AM swim, I the feeling that you're talking about in this one.

    ReplyDelete