Thursday, August 12, 2010

Snap Crackle Pop (weather,not ankle)


Woke to a big 'ol thunder storm this morning...A right gully washer. All around us the community is without power but the neighborhood here is just fine...
Got out this morning for my longest run since ankle surgery. Four miles. Yes, I know it doesn't seem like much but baby steps getting back up to where I was.
I'm following the Galloway method...a mix of running and walking. Gives me a chance to keep an eye on my ankle and to make sure I'm not overdoing it.
Have used this method since it really took off and have done a goodly number of marathons Ultras and Ironman using it.
For training right now I'm going 5 minutes running and 1 minute walking, or 5/1. For marathons walking for one minute at each mile marker works well for me. I've finished everywhere from 4:00 hours to 5:12. No injuries. No burnout and I actually like myself the next day.
The pic above is from a event last year where I ran 100K (62 miles) in about 16 hours following Galloway's method.
Still riding the bike well and am almost two weeks out of the 24 Hours of Booty.
Hope to get in a bunch of miles this weekend before I start my taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment